Well, initial tests with the fabric appear to indicate that this will be much more effective then the screen was that we initially tested with. Nancy is going to hem the edges of it so that the PVC can just slide into the edges of the fabric diffuser. This should be a much more robust mounting method for light wind situations such as we occasionally see at the park. The previous elastic on the corners was not quite as secure.
Yesterday it was about 105 in Woodland Hills. Saturday's high is supposed to be 68. Just amazing heh heh. So far we are on track with getting everyone (except for our tough guy) on location for the 23rd and the weather prediction is a balmy 74 for that day so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it will hold.
After looking for a new cable for the mic, I finally gave up and ordered a custom one to be made (2 actually). Aparently, I am the only person on this planet that has had a need for an 18' cable that has a female mono 1/4" jack on one end and a 1/8" stereo plug on the other... They are scheduled to be delivered in the middle of next week. I have a contingency jury rigged cable in the wings just in case though :)
We are going to see if we can get a new tough guy since the existing one has a schedule conflict with the shoot. We have a potential one lined up and my hopes are high for it.