Stu's Challenge

One of the blogs that I frequent is ProLost, Stu Maschwitz's blog. Stu is one of the founders of The Orphanage, an FX house up in the bay area.

Stu had an interesting challenge recently. Save our Skin. You can read about it HERE.

One of the things that I love about Nance is that she is so easily distracted. I can point out a challenge like this to her and she will dive right in. So I did just that. Nance decided to just use the 3 way color corrector in FCP to meet the requirements of what Stu laid forth on his blog. Stu's instructions are to push the picture to blue and maintain the skin tones. His image that he used for this is here:



And here is Nance's results. Her comments and CC settings follow.


Nance: I used the Color Corrector 3-way in FCP, masking the skin tones and inverting the selection. The hardest part was including the shadow under her eye with the skin tones. It came out blue in the first one. I cranked up the softness a little more to include that shadow:


It's an interesting challenge. Give it a shot if you get bored :)

Comments

Popular Posts