Workflow

I am always interested in the workflow for different editors and other post folks. Lots of times I will get some magazine in the mail (DV, Studio Monthly, Videographer etc) and they will claim to have some in depth article on workflow. Invariably, they always fall short of my expectations. And, to a large degree, I understand why they cannot supply the level of detail that would interest me and that relates to space in these magazines.

Most of these magazines are pretty small. And, to be honest, I expect that trend to continue as the publishing world - and the media world in general evolves. There are those that believe that magazines and print media in general are dead. To be replaced by the internet and podcasts and the like.

Personally, I still like a magazine. Hell, I don't listen to podcasts and surf the net while I am in the bathroom. So, gotta have my magazines :)

At NAB 2007, the LA Final Cut User's Group had their Supermeet with the obligatory panel of experts, raffle and all around good time. As a special treat, Walter Murch came to the meet and gave a talk. Walter treated us to a VERY in-depth look at his workflow.

I am sure there are others out there that might be interested in this as I found it to be fascinating. Now, all of that being said, here are links to each of the 3 parts of the talk that he gave. Enjoy!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Comments

Popular Posts