OT: iPhone Ringtones

I am not a huge fan of ring tones in general, but on the iPhone I wanted to have a ringtone for when Nance calls me. Originally I setup a ringtone using one of the simple file re-name hacks but then Apple disable that and I was unwilling to do any of the other more radical hacks to get it working.

Last night I went to a Christmas party that a friend of mine was having. He works for Apple so I thought I would give him some grief over the ringtone issue. He said "No problem. Just do the Garageband Update that went out Friday. Drag and drop your original AIF file into a new project, click the cycle button to set the area that you want to use as a ringtone and select Share-> Send Ringtone to iTunes.

So now, I have my audio clip of Meg Ryan's orgasm in "When Harry met Sally" restored as the ringtone for when Nance calls my iPhone.

Thanks, Apple :)

Comments

Popular Posts