We finished the rush job of the Hot Rod TV show late last night. It was an interesting experience. The existing log notes on the footage were less than useful. So after going through all of the footage and amending the log notes, Nancy started the edit and setting the timing while I culled footage for each section of the script and supplied her with reel numbers, media starts and in/out points.
This process worked well and we were able to move quickly and get the show completed. It was missing most of the footage for the 4th act and a number of the interviews that were referenced in the script were missing from the footage but we got creative and kept the show interesting.
A final rough cut should be done this week and go to the producers for approval at the end of the week.