Gearhead Revisited

Back in June of 08, I was pining for a low cost gear head for the indie crowd (original post HERE). Almost exactly one year later, there is an answer from a company called GearNex. They demoed this at NAB 09 and the folks that I talked to that got to see it were very very impressed. Multi-speed transmission for both tilt and pan providing adjustable turn ratios.

The unit is priced at $4995 pre-order and expected first units to be shipped in June. They are saying they have a 6 to 8 week delivery time due to back orders now. Now, while $4995 is not a drop in the bucket for most indie folks, it IS a huge difference between the cost of an ArriHead or Mitchell gear head. And, rental is always an option as well.

If I get my greasy paws on a unit, I will post a detailed review here.

Comments

Popular Posts