- User experience is improved through a re-envisioned Mac interface and a Windows interface that’s been rebuilt from the ground up.
- Picture quality is improved through better image scaling, better deinterlacing, new filters for denoising, deblocking, inverse telecine, and new presets devoted to high quality settings.
- Speed improvements due to updated copies of x264 and ffmpeg. This includes improved multi-threaded encoding for the iPod.
- Compatibility is improved through new presets for devices like the iPhone and PSP. As well, HandBrake now supports DTS as an audio source and has limited support for .VOB and .TS file containers as input. Most excitingly, HandBrake can now output to the Matroska (MKV) file container.
- Stability has been improved due to countless bug fixes. (Including audio drop and mp2 issues). Handbrake also has optional support for MP4 files larger than 4 gigabytes.
Monday, August 20, 2007
New release of Handbrake DVD->MP4
Handbrake is an open source (as such, it is FREE) Mac OS X application that is used to convert DVD to MPEG 4. Very nice if you want to put some DVD video on your iPhone or video iPod. Release 0.9.0 is now available and has the following major improvements: